Labor and Birth

Giving birth is the most momentous part of pregnancy, and involves a lot of hard work, energy, and emotion. Whether you opted for natural childbirth or an epidural, tell us how your pregnancy progressed. Did you give birth at home or in hospital? Was it complication-free or was baby a little more stubborn? And, of course, how does it feel to have a new addition to your family? Help other women prepare for their birthing experience by telling us your story

And feel free to mention details of your baby's life like the type of baby bedding sets you chose for your nursery.

Post your Story

Fields marked * are required.
Story title:*
Category: *
Your Story:* (story must be at least 200 characters long)
Enter security code:

My 43 Hour Labor

My labor pains started three days before my due date after my OB appintment. While I was there, the doctoer had "swept the membranes," which is really when she sticks her finger in the cervix and loosens the placenta from the uterus. Ewww, I know. So anyway, I started having small contractions that evening. This was my first baby, so I was super excited, I called my DH and had him come home from work and everything. The contractions were about 2 minuted apart, but not very strong, but I went to the hospital anyway/ They checked me and I was only two centimeters, and they said it was false labor and to go home and rest. Reluctantly, I went home. The next morning when I woke up, the contractions were still there, just weaker, and I was so upset. I did not want to have to start all over again. So I called my friend who is a Midwife, and she came and checked me, and it was still the same. She said I could take Castor oil to speed things up, but that it would obviously make me go to the bathroom a lot. So I took Castor oil,, and it definately got everything rolling, but I was in the bathroom for about three hours continuously (you really cant control it when you take castol oil). Anyway, by that night, I was in complete agony, as I hadnt taken anythign for pain, and I went back to the hospital for them to say the same thing. I was completely pissed that they were sending me home again, and I made them give me something to help me sleep. So I got home, and took the sleepy medicine, and it really didnt help much, because I was awake all night, just drugged up felling, like a dream. DH was really great, he rubbed my back all night. Anyway, at about 6 am I got up and I really felt like I was going to die, and I went to the hospital again and demanded to see my doctor, so in she came, and hooked up the montiors and checked me and I was 6 cm. I was soooo excited I almost jumped off the table. They admitted me and broke my water, which still hadnt broke, and that really sped everything up. I got the epidural about an hour later, although I really did want to do it all naturally, but I had been in labor for so long and I was soo tired that I wasnt sure if I would be able to do it. Anyway, after I got the epidural, the doctor told me DH and mom to go home and eat something, that it would be a while. They left, and about 1 hour later, I started feeling a lot of pressure so I called the nurse in and she checking me and I was 9 cm!! So I had to call them up really quick so they could come back and by the time they arrived I was ready to push. DH was holding my one leg and on the first push, he ran to the bathroom and threw up. anyway, so my mom took his place holding the leg and I oushed for about 20 mintues until my DD Juliana was born, 6 lbs 14 oz. I had been in labor for 43 hours. Looking back on it, I cant beleive I did that.



hi my name is tonerca reed i am 6 months pregant and im having a healthy boy.I am going to name him Terrell Micheal Bailey. He is coming into this world december 25 08. I willl be vey happy to be a mom of a adorable bayboy. My babyfather Terrell will be happy to we been together for 4 years an a half. We are so in love , the familys are so nice to each other it will be both of are moms first grandbabys. They are so happy for us. Both of us are in school and we are working. I am fifthteen and the have and he is seventeen in the half. We love are plans; goals, and dreams. We are going to reach all of them together.

tonerica reed

Waters Broke

Well i was 23 and pregnant with my first child, I was 39 weeks and had just had a lovely relaxing bath and was pampering myself and doing makeup when at 13:00 by my surprise out of nowere my waters broke, i didnt hear or feel it pop which others have i just felt the gush, so I quickly rang my partner who was at wrok and organised to meet him at the hospital as he was too far away. My mum and Dad came to get me and it was just crazy i had the change 3 times before i left the house as the water just kept coming. When i got to the hospital they told me that the head wasnt even down yet and i wasnt dialated any but had to stay in incase of invection and it could be 48 hours before anything else happens, so got settled on the ward and the water just kept coming i didnt realise it would have been so much, then about 19:00 my contractions started, they were just like period pains at first then got stronger and strongr quite quickly so when the midwife checked my i was 3 centimetres dialated and got brought into the labour ward were the contractions got so so sore it is unbelieveable how much pain your body can take as i didnt think i could have done it and did with just Gas and Air i was in Labour for 4 hours, apparently that was quick but it felt ages to me:) anyway my beautiful son was born naturally at 6 pounds 14 oz he is three now and i am now pregnant with number 2, so hopefully i will be quicker this time and no complications like before.


first baby could have been worse!!

I was only just 21 when i was due to have my first baby. My mum had asked me if i had wanted to come out shopping and get my mind off the fact that i was already a week overdue. So we left to do some Christmas shopping, we had only been there an hour when i really felt constipated but i kept pushing on. About 15 minutes later i told my mum i think this is it and we started to head back to the car, by the time we got to the doors of the shopping center i was hurled over in agony , my mum got the car and picked me up at the door. whilst heading home i started timing contractions i was 8 minutes apart and lasting 30 seconds. We got home and i was 5 min apart and mum rang the hospital and they said its my first i am probably just not coping with the pain to sit down and rest and drink some water to get the baby moving as she had not moved all day. My mum called my partner and got him to come home after an hour i was having contractions ever 4 minutes so my mum rang the hospital and they said bring her in and we will check but if she is not dilated enough we are going to have to send her home.

We got in the car and headed towards the hospital i was in such agony it had all just come on so quick. When we got to the hospital the obstetrician on duty checked me out and told us i was only 2 cm but the midwife double checked and sure enough i was 9 cm and the doctor then agreed so i was admitted.

I was placed in a room where i was offered gas and air but no other pain meds as i was to far along so i just pushed through the pain. i was still 9cms after a couple of hours so the midwife told us she would just grab a bite to eat and be back in 10 min, as soon as she left the room my waters broke and my mum said that they did not look right so she ran to grab the midwife, as soon as they saw my waters they put me on the bed and called for the doctor as something was not right, i started to panic but then really needed to push so i was told to push if thats what i felt like doing, after 10 minutes i had my beautiful little girl, after the birth i found out what all the panic was about she came out breech bum first and the midwife had not delivered a breech bum first for a good 10 years so they had called the doctor to get me to go for an emergency c section but it was too late.

since ,my daughter i have had a little boy who i had a normal vaginal birth with and this time was able to get a pethidine shot to help but i still feel that my daughters labor was quicker and less painful than his. I am now expecting number 3 and can't wait to meet my new bub.


The pain


So I just had a child and there is a rough story that goes with the birth of little Grezelda!! i thought i was going to die...she was 13 pounds 5 oz. We all thought that it was going to be a quick birth but as she started coming, Grezelda just was so big that I didnt think I would be able to make it through the process. its all worth it now...we have a lovely daughter...huge but lovely! So no matter what you are going through, remember that in the end it is all woth it.
Have a good pregnancy:)

Martha Antoine

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Copyright 2023©
All rights reserved.