Labor and Birth

Giving birth is the most momentous part of pregnancy, and involves a lot of hard work, energy, and emotion. Whether you opted for natural childbirth or an epidural, tell us how your pregnancy progressed. Did you give birth at home or in hospital? Was it complication-free or was baby a little more stubborn? And, of course, how does it feel to have a new addition to your family? Help other women prepare for their birthing experience by telling us your story

And feel free to mention details of your baby's life like the type of baby bedding sets you chose for your nursery.

Post your Story

Fields marked * are required.
Story title:*
Category: *
Your Story:* (story must be at least 200 characters long)
Enter security code:

My Daughter Aleigha Jane

Aleigha was an unexpected surprise in 2006. I already had 3 children. Two boys and a girl. But i was ecstatic. On March 7,2006 I went into labor about 4 pm. I remember the way the contractions hit so I had my friend time them they were 3 minutes apart so I decided to go to the hospital.

I was already considered a week overdue and my labor coach was leaving for Disney World in two days. After I got to the Hospital I was checked for dilation and they found me at 3 cm dilated. After an hour even in the pain i was in they sent me home. My husband and i kept telling them if they gave me something for the pain i could relax and actually dilate. They sent me home none the less. After I got home I took the Darvacet I had been prescribed and fell asleep.

About 2 hours later i was on my knees and rocking back and forth crying because of the pain of the contractions. The rest of the night went on like that. At about 11 am i came downstairs and sat on the chair. My friend Heidi noticed i was pale and completely in pain and started timing the contractions yet again. With my contractions coming every 2 minutes she told me she thought we needed to go to the hospital yet again. I responded with "I am not going anywhere unless i see the babies head". lol I did not want to be released yet again.

Heidi and my coach Heather finally convinced me to go to the hospital where i was told i was 7 cm dilated and still could not have pain meds because i was too far dilated, so for the next half hour i was absolutely miserable.

Finally my beautiful Daughter Aleigha Jane was born at 6 lb 11 oz on March 8, 2006


The end

Well I did not have it on the due date that the doctors gave me so that day when I woke up I was very disappointed so then I said well that magazine was out of place before I knew it I was cleaning everything.

I was standing on the bed cleaning the walls and then I packed my bag, the baby bag and then I had my husband to put up the baby bed and do everything else then that night I laid down I felt starching down there but I let that go then in the middle of the night about 2 am I woke up to these pains I was having then my husband told me that I was in labor I said no!!!

I was told by his mother to put my hand down there and sure enough the mucus plug had come out I went to the hospital at about 5:30 and I stayed in labor 4 hours before they decided to give me a c- section I was scared out of my mind but I was under so much medication that I really didn’t care but that this day would be over with and at 12:13 it was when I delivered my precious angel triniti 6 pounds and 12 ounces.


A very long 47hrs of Labour

I was pregnant with my first child at 19 years old. I had decided to finish work 2 weeks before my due date which was a good thing because I went into labour at 39 weeks.
I woke up Sunday 2nd May 2004 morning 5am to a trickle going down my thigh, so I got up and out came this gush of water. I woke my husband up and we called my midwife where she told me to go to the hospital. We were there about half hour later. By that time my contractions had lightly started and were 5 minutes apart. When we got there they checked baby's heart beat etc. and advised that I would probably have the baby by that evening. So they sent us home.

My contractions were still 5 minutes apart but very light. By Monday morning 2am they were every 2 minutes. So off again we went back to the hospital. The midwife did an internal and I was only 3cm dilated. I was in so much pain but so much wanted a Natural Birth. They kept me at the Birthing Centre and about 10am checked again to see if there was any progress but I was still at 3cms. So the midwife offered me Pethedine. That helped for about 2 hours but by 3pm Monday I still had not dilated and still 2 minute contractions so they sent me home. I
I was in so much pain. I tried the bath and everything but by 6pm Monday i could not handle it anymore. My contractions were coming every minute. So off again to the Hospital were they did an internal and found me to be only 4cm dilated. My midwife offered me the gas at that stage which was the best. I tried having a hot bath but the best thing was just to sit on the toilet seat cause I kept feeling the urge to push. By Monday midnight Tuesday morning there was still no progress I was only 5cm dilated so my midwife said to my husband that the only way to deliver our baby was by having a epidural. So off we went to the delivery suite. I had to sit so still during the whole process. By 2am Tuesday 4 May I was full dilated and was ready to push. After an hour and 5 minutes of pushing I gave birth to my darling son at 3:55am.

Now I am pregnant with my second child. Still working and 38weeks pregnant. i am hoping I have a better Labour experience this time round.


First baby

When I was in labor, I was only 19 years old… little did I really know what was in store for me. At first my water broke on Tuesday morning. I thought for sure the baby should have been out by this stage. Then it was nighttime and still no contractions (I did not know what these were) until they induced me the next day. STILL no baby lol!!... Until Thursday morning at 6 am when they finally had to cut me and they pulled her out. She was a beautiful 9lbs 5ozs. So I'm saying it's hard to have a baby but now she is 9yrs old and I would not change any I had to go through for 2 and a half days.


Tragic (2)

I was at home one night, I was about 2weeks from my due date, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach, so I called my hubby, he was at work, well so I thought, to my surprise, he did not answer, a lady with a young voice answered the call.

I asked for my husband and she said he was having fun with her so I shouldn't disturb, then without another word, she hung up, my contraction started to get worse. I tried calling my close relatives, but none answered. It started to rain and was very windy. I went to the toilet when the door slammed shut. I was locked in! I screamed franticly for hep, before I knew it, my water broke...I slumped to the floor crying in pain when my neighbor budged into our house and saved me out from the locked door.

By that time I was already ready to give birth, so my neighbor being a genea, performed a home delivery for me with the help of her sister, a surgeon, I was very thankful to her and we became close friends. I divorced my husband and re-married another where I had twins and he was there for me at least during labor I wonder what would have happened to me if my neighbor had not come to my rescue.


Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Copyright 2024©
All rights reserved.