Labor and Birth

Giving birth is the most momentous part of pregnancy, and involves a lot of hard work, energy, and emotion. Whether you opted for natural childbirth or an epidural, tell us how your pregnancy progressed. Did you give birth at home or in hospital? Was it complication-free or was baby a little more stubborn? And, of course, how does it feel to have a new addition to your family? Help other women prepare for their birthing experience by telling us your story

And feel free to mention details of your baby's life like the type of baby bedding sets you chose for your nursery.

Post your Story

Fields marked * are required.
Story title:*
Category: *
Your Story:* (story must be at least 200 characters long)
Enter security code:


I got married to Brian Maigler when I was 26. When I was 28 I got pregnant with twins. I work as a technician. When I was 8 months pregnant, my really close friend always came to see me and help me around the house. Afterwards I had to stay at the hospital. She never came to visit me there, and neither did my husband. I knew something was wrong, so I told my sister-in-law to keep an eye on him.

The truth was that she had fallen in love with Brian. After I found out, I begged the doctor to stay home instead of the hospital. And so I did. 2 weeks before my due date, I was sleeping and I started aching really badly. I managed to get to the bathroom, and before I knew it, my water broke. I yelled for Brian but then realized the bathroom door was locked. My sister-in-law heard me and took me to the hospital. I gave birth 2 weeks early and my babies were healthy. I got divorced from Brian. And later I met Johnny. We have been married for about 2 1/2 years now, and we’re extremely happy together.

Emma Marie

Birth of Isaac

My son, Isaac, was born July 26, 2003 at 10:22 p.m. After having a fairly uneventful pregnancy, I went in for my weekly appointment during my 40th week. I was dilated to 1 cm (same as at 36 weeks). My Dr. told me we were going to induce, which was fine with me because I was ready for him to be with his Mommy. So, Saturday rolls around and my Mom takes me to the hospital to be admitted for my induction. I was admitted around 6 a.m. and the pitocin was started around 7 a.m. My labor progressed very slowly. My nurse did not "up" the pitocin every half hour like she was supposed to. So, I was not dilating. With each internal my Dr. performed, my son's heart rate dropped, so I had to wear oxygen almost the entire day. Finally that night around 9 p.m., after the last internal, Isaac's heart rate dropped and did not recover, so I was immediately prepared for a C-Section. My beautiful son was born Saturday, July 26, 2003 at 10:22 p.m. He was 21 1/2 inches and weighed lbs. 15 ozs.

I recently found out I am pregnant again, almost 5 years from the time I found out I was pregnant with Isaac. My son says I will have a daughter and we are to call her "Rosie".


She's Finally here!

Wow...she finally came! It was rough...the epidural helped a lot. My little one was 6 lbs 9oz and 20 inches long. My back still really hurts, and I'm still waiting to hear what the back specialists are going to do.



I have 2 kids they are 2 and 3. When I gave birth they were the best days of my life.... I was so nervous hearing about the pain I would be in. But I had no pain just an epidural...oh my gosh it makes having a baby so fun and enjoyable...

Honestly, why would someone have a baby without one? You just lay there and relax sleep and laugh enjoy every contraction knowing it would be sooner and sooner until you can push.... so finally they notice you are 10 cm dilated so they say push you do. And there is the baby-sitting on your chest! Easy pain free and fun!

So much fun that I am having my 3 yr old come in and enjoy the birth of her new sibling in 7 months! Get an you can enjoy the birth of your baby with no pain!


first birth

I woke up with small stomach pains early in the morning but didn’t really think anything of them. By the afternoon they were getting stronger so me and my partner called my mum up and she came down hoping something would happen.

By tea time that night nothing was progressing so we went for a walk around the block then I drank two tablespoons of castor oil followed by a hot bath, within the hour my contractions were 5 mins apart so we headed into hospital where they admitted me. My labour was long and hard with terrible back pain (Baby in posterior position). I tried the shower, gas, water injections, and epidural which doctor attempted three times and only got one side of my body to no avail.

15 hours later at 9:15 in the morning I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl, Holly weighing 9 pound 10 0z, I had to be cut as she was so big and had a lot of stitches and tearing but she is a month old today and I have nearly fully recovered and love being a young mum at 19.

People ask me would I do it again, the answer’s definitely yes!


Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Copyright 2024©
All rights reserved.